Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams
Vampire Academy  - Richelle Mead I hovered away from this series for a long time. It wasn't until a customer of mine whose taste I trust implicitly told me I should give it a go that my interest was piqued. I must say, after the first in the series, I'm on board.I found this fun and delightful to read. Sure, it's a young adult series set in an unusual school with a supernatural theme - and the magic word for the day is VAMPIRES - However, the Vampire Academy series does not blend into the deluge of this sort of fiction that pervades the YA market. What makes it such a smash in my eyes is Richelle Mead's wonderful narrative voice coupled with a unique sense of worldbuilding and a great story. When the reader comes to the story the main characters, Rose and Lissa, have run away from the Academy and spent 2 years away from the confines of Vampire politics. Simply setting the story's start at this point of the narrative allows for Mead to build the story backwards using incluing, which is one of my favourite narrative devices. She slowly gives away the game and builds so much tension between all the players concerned that by the time you know what the hell has happened you are overwhelmed and thoroughly involved. It's a fabulous premise. Fabulous characters...a fabulous book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.