Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams
The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting Violet Ambrose has a strange ability. Since she was a little girl she is able to sense the bodies of dead animals. At first this seems to be an innocuous oddity until one day at 8 years of age she finds a body in the woods behind her parents home. Years later, now a junior in high school, a rash of kidnappings/murders flourishes among the local girls and Violet decides to use her unique ability to track down the killer. Juxtaposed with this intense thriller of a story lies another one... a sweet and simple story of budding love between Violet and her best friend since first grade, Jay Heaton. Without Violet realizing Jay has become a man...and not just any man, but an attractive and caring man who has snagged all the girls' attentions. This proves to pique Violet's jealousy as well as her self-confidence when she realizes that she has developed feelings for her best friend that are anything but innocent. Can she let herself feel these things without allowing it to affect, and potentially alter, what has always been an easy comraderie between herself and Jay?This is a great, quick, intense read. I enjoyed it immensely.. for about 24 hours... and then I was done with it and wanting more. I can't think of anything to complain about, unless it's the fact that I will likely have to wait more than a year for a sequel to be out. Violet's strange ability lends itself well to the YA market, which is increasingly becoming less YA and more YA-Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romantic-Mystery... argh, the lines blur fast! However, with so many terrible books immerging in the deluge of this genre it is a relief to see one that not only stands out, but also stands up. I can't wait to see what Derting does next, and I hope that it leads to a series of adventures for Violet and her singular talent. She's a great narrator, and a fun character to follow around for a day or two.