Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams
Flora's Fury (Flora Trilogy, #3) - Ysabeau S. Wilce For the record, I have waited 3 years for this book to be released. The fine folks at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt were kind enough to provide me an early edition of the book. I'm not even sure if this cover art is what will be used...but it's cool. So I am using it. Flora Segunda was one of my favourite reads a few years back. It remains, to this day, a favoured handsell book of mine for "precocious girls who love to read". I cannot possibly articulate how much I loved that book, or it's sequel, Flora's Dare. Flora is the perfect heroine for anyone who wants a snarky, spunky, snappy girl leading them around for a few days. She's utterly fun and full of life. *Warning - spoilers below if you have not read the first two books. In Flora's Fury Flora has to confront many things from her past. She has strained relations with Udo, her mother and father... and her real mother, Tiny Doom, who everyone believes to be dead. Flora is convinced that she lives somewhere and sets out to find her. Her journey takes her through dangerous enchantments, pirates havens, and perilous deserts with an ensorcelled Ghost-Octupus and a shapeshifting hottie at her side. Through it all Flora struggles with a sense of self and of reconciling past present and future. She grapples with everything in this book, but most of all herself. This is Flora's "coming to terms" book. It's bittersweet to let this series go. I have been waiting so long that it feels empty to have it finished now. That said, I can't wait to see what Ysabeau S. Wilce does next. 4 years ago she made my autobuy list. From here on out she makes my "Can't wait! Can't Wait!! CAN'T WAIT!!!" pantheon of select few authors. I'm stunned and sad and happy and wistful over this book. I wish I could read it over again for the first time. 5 out of 5 stars.