Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater I'm not wholely sure how to feel about this book. I picked it up as a palate cleanser books after I read several brilliant Dystopian Science Fiction novels. I needed a lighthearted, fun, romance... oh, and the fact that it was supernaturally themed and about werewolves?... a plus. But this book is hard to talk about because my thoughts about it are really conflicted.I liked it, don't get me wrong, just conflicted. Allow me to try to explain why.Grace and Sam have been in love with each other for years. From afar, because he changes to a wolf for the cold parts of the year and she's human. At one point he is shot and becomes human and that's the point their relationship starts. What happens next is a long spiralling fall fown the rabbit's hole in which we watch Sam and Grace really fall for another. Fine and good, except for the fact that it takes so long for them to get beyond the innocence of first love and for anything to happen. Halfway through the book I wanted to stop reading, because I was over the sexual tension between the characters, but I wanted to know what happens. So I kept at it and what do you know, interesting things happened, that I might have missed had I thrown the towel in when I wanted to. It's a beautifully written book, there is little doubt about it. I just wanted Stiefvater to shave about 60 pages of the build up out. I felt it was overlong. I'm torn if I would read this again. I wanted to love it, but I only liked it.