Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams

Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1)

Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) - Jocelynn Drake I wish it hadn't taken me three weeks to read this, nor that I went through a personal tragedy while reading it. I feel like both of those elements made me lose some interest in the book. However, that said, I'll try to review it as if my head was really in it, instead of kinda in it.Mira, a Nightwalker, is an anomoly among the vampires of the world. She has the ability to control fire as a tool and a weapon. In the first few pages of the book she meets Danaus, a human with abilities that Mira has never seen before. Realizing they have to kill one another they both get involved in an age long war against the Naturi, a race of ancient creatures reminiscent of Elves. The Naturi are responsible for a particularly traumatizing experience in Mira's past and she longs for retirbution, but she has to make a temporary alliance with Danaus in order to shore up her numbers against the Naturi who are threatening to take over the world. A very interesting premise. Written well with characters that made me want to read it. A few of the battle scenes seemed overly long, but were well executed. I feel like my head wasn't in this, but like I said.. personal tragedy. I did, however, finish the book and bought the second book, "Dayhunter". So I do intend to read more. It's a great addition to the Urban Fantasy genre.