Bibliopunkk

Entangled
Amy Rose Capetta
Twinmaker
Sean Williams

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1)

Kitty and the Midnight Hour - Carrie Vaughn There is a giveaway for this book, and several other books, here:http://www.bibliopunkk.net/2012/10/autographed-giveaway.htmlThe books are all signed by the authors. Contest ends 11/20/2012Come enter!----------------------------------------------------------Carrie Vaughn is coming to the store I work at, and I have had a copy of the first in the Kitty Norville series forever... so it's the perfect time to pick it up. Hooray, all of the stars in the universe align! In book one, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty is a DJ at a late night radio gig on KNOB, an Alternative music public radio station. Bored with playing inane requests Kitty strikes up a conversation one night with a listener about the supernatural and her ratings skyrocket. Before she knows it she is hosting an all talk advice radio show dedicated to helping out Supernaturals. Kitty herself is a Werewolf, though she manages to keep it in the closet until one fateful night when she outs herself on live broadcast. ..and that's when things get messed up... between assassination attempts, devout fans, an angry pack, and a serial killer on the loose Kitty is up to her eyeballs in all things Supernatural... is crazy ratings really worth all of the trouble? I found this book to be fun, but campy. It's pulp, plain and simple. Enjoyable pulp, yes, but I don't know that I'll be clamoring to read the sequel this week. I think I am going to file this aside with the Sookie Stackhouse books - make it a read when I want something fun that won't take a heap of concentration or effort... for when I need a fun book. I think as far as Supernatural DJ books go I like Jeri Smith Ready's WVMP books MUCH better. I know these books were written first, but JSR is autobuy...which tells you something. I think it's safe to say that I have broken my self instituted Werewolf Moratorium... I have read four werewolf themed books this month alone... that says something. I coming back to the genre with a vengeance. Woot! A solid 4 out of 5 stars.